Wade's World Menu...

Sunday, March 01, 2020

CHANGES

Many changes have taken place since my last blog post.
(When December 25, 2014 is my last post, you should expect to see changes!)

I live in a different house.
I drive a different car.
I work at a different place.
I have a few gray hairs.*
Other hairs from my head have simply let go and let God.
I eat a different diet. (Can you believe I eat gluten and dairy free?!)
I wear different clothes.

In other words, I have changed.

Some changes were very good. Some changes not so much. But even in the changes that were meant by our enemy Satan to harm us, God has worked them out for good!

That's simply what God does. And God, never changes. 

I love to reflect on the reality that God never changes. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. (Hebrews 13:8) When everything around us seems unstable, or even contagious (thanks Coronavirus), we can know by faith that God is still the same. 

I don't like change because I hate not knowing what will happen. I wish each option we faced in life was accompanied by a summary of the result we can expect from making that choice. But we know life doesn't work this way.

What we can know is God has promised to be with us every step of the way. In fact, God has promised to guide our steps when we trust in Him. 

Proverbs 16:9, "In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps."

In the last 12 months I have learned first hand the implications of this verse. I was a guy who had a plan for his life, but when I surrendered my agenda to God, His plan began to take shape and I can observe over this last year how much better God's plan is over my own plan.

His established steps feel so much more secure than my planned steps.  

I don't know where this blog post lands with you today... perhaps you are in the midst of changes happening in your life, or you may be considering making a change?

My advice to you is always take a step of faith. Allow God to show off in your life and establish your steps. Don't be scared. Don't try to solve the puzzle.

Just change.

Then watch what happens when the God who doesn't change establishes your steps!





















____________________________________________________________

My wife said, "Ha! A few?" when she proofread this sentence. 

No comments: