Wade's World Menu...

Monday, January 03, 2011

BIG UGLY BURGERS...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 

I hope you had a wonderful time over the holidays.  I truly enjoyed myself... spending time with family and friends.  I'm very blessed. 

I have to tell you about my New Year's Eve experience.  For Christmas, my brother gave me a gift card to a little restaurant in Carmel, IN called "Bub's."  Bub's is the home of the "Big Ugly Burger."  The BUB is a 22 ounce cheeseburger that was featured on an episode of Man vs. Food.  It is HUGE!!! 

Before the grill.
 If you can eat the Big Ugly Burger, you get a 4x6 picture of yourself placed on the wall.  If you eat 2 Bub's, then you have an 8x10 photo on the wall.  If you eat 3 Bub's, a poster size picture is placed on the wall.  And if you eat 4 Bub's, a life size picture is made of you.  In the history of Bub's... only 3 people have eaten 3 Big Ugly Burgers.  No one has ever eaten 4. 

Being the competitive guy that I am, I went determined to eat the Bub.  I had watched the Man vs. Food episode featuring the Bub and knew that I had to at least get my picture on the wall. 

So my brother Chad, sister-in-law Megan, and my pretty friend Amanda went to Bub's on New Year's Eve.

Here we are before the meal.

Megan had a bread bowl of soup.  Way to go Megan!!  :-)

Here I am suffering from the "meat sweats."  =)


The last bite.


Celebrating my victory with some Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream!


Chad & Amanda also completed the challenge.  (Which was very impressive!) (Although Chad only finished because "Amanda made me do it." lol) 



In this round of man vs. food, the winner is... MAN.



HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! 

2 comments:

matt said...

Way to go Wade--we watched the episode of Man vs food when it was on. So was the burger as tasty as they say it is?

Wade Allen said...

It was delicious!!! I did get tired of chewing... but for being as big of a burger as that was, it was really good.