Wade's World Menu...

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

5 FAMOUS DINNER GUESTS




I asked this question on Facebook yesterday.  I was curious after making my list who my friends would invite.  (I must say I was touched that some of my friends included me on their list.  Ha ha)  

My first draft included over 20 names, but I then narrowed it down to 5 living famous people I would enjoy having dinner with.


JEFF FOXWORTHY - You might be a redneck if you want to have dinner with Jeff Foxworthy.  If so, then I are one!   The guy is not only a comedian... he's an author, TV star, and all around good guy.  Besides being hilarious, Jeff does a lot to help others.  I loved learning the fact that Jeff teaches a Bible study on Tuesday mornings at a homeless shelter in Atlanta.   I think it would be a blast to hang out with Jeff.


GEORGE STRAIT - My favorite country singer of all time!  George is my favorite because he has proven consistent and stayed at the top of his genre for most of his career.  Most importantly, he has shown integrity in a business and time when it would have been easy for him not to.  I've always respected him since I learned while making the movie "Pure Country," George refused to kiss the actress in the movie, saying he would only kiss his wife.  That's the kind of guy I want to hang around.


JASE ROBERTSON - (actually all of the Robertson family would be great to meet!)  I enjoy the "Duck Dynasty" show on TV, but I have also enjoyed reading about this family and listening to them  share their faith and life with others.  I like how they take their faith seriously, yet they also have a lot of fun!  It's like they "get" what Jesus came to do... which was bring us life!  I respect Jase and his commitment to spend time with his family every day.  This has a huge impact on me as I'm preparing to be a dad.


DAVID CROWDER - The guy is a creative genius.  He's a talented musician and song writer.  And his stories from life in Texas are so funny, your side will hurt from laughing so hard.  If I was planning a "shindig," I would definitely want Crowder there!



WILL FERRELL - This guy is genius when it comes to comedy.  While I don't appreciate his raunchy material, "Elf" is one of my favorite movies.  And if you've never seen his 10 minute acceptance speech for the Mark Twain Award, he sets what I believe should be the standard for an acceptance speech.




Who would you invite to dinner?

No comments: