Wade's World Menu...

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

HAPPY BORN AGAIN DAY TO ME!!!

July 3, 1988 is the day my dad baptized me into Jesus Christ.

I remember being nervous standing in front of so many people, making my confession of faith... but I'll never forget the joy and peace I felt coming up from that water!

One of my favorite things to do is baptize people.  I love seeing people who desire to follow Jesus with their lives.  I get excited thinking about the changes taking place in their lives.  I am thrilled to be with them as they choose to become disciples of Jesus Christ.  I am happy when I see the expression of joy and peace on their face.

Jesus said in John 3:3 we must be born again to see the Kingdom of God.  I'm thankful every July 3rd I can celebrate my "Happy Born Again Day!"
"Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?  We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life."
- Romans 6:3-4

No comments: