Wednesday, August 20, 2014

WORKIN' HARD HARDLY WORKIN'

The Jr. High football team took pictures yesterday during school.  Our head coach needed to continue teaching, so as an assistant coach, I assisted by watching the players to make sure there was no monkey business taking place.  

What should have taken 30 minutes ended up taking over an hour!  I swear 90 year old women move faster than those boys did yesterday.  Then I remembered back to when I was in school, and how I would milk every opportunity to be out of class for all its worth.  These boys were doing what I would have done in their position.  

It’s amazing how hard we work to get out of work.  

I have areas in my life where I’ve procrastinated in an effort to get out of “work.”  It’s not that I wouldn’t do these things, it’s just I didn’t want to do them now.  So, things have been sliding... and eventually snowballing... until it becomes a mess.  How much better off would I have been to do the work when it was first due?  

Proverbs 10:4, “Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth.”  

No comments: