Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tuesday Musings...

Since yesterday was a holiday, I am posting my musings on Tuesday instead.  =)

My grandpa Allen.
- Memorial Day is a reminder for how blessed we really are in the USA.  Ultimately, we recognize everything we have is from God. Yet, I also realize there have been many who personally sacrificed for our nation.  I couldn't help but think of my grandfather... who served in the Navy during World War 2.  I also think of my cousin Chris who served 2 tours in Iraq.  Chris missed the birth of his first child because he was overseas.  My Grandpa passed away last year, but I'm thankful for men and women like him who sacrificed so much so we could enjoy our freedom.

- Watched "The Patriot" yesterday with the lovely Amanda.  Great movie... and a great day to watch the movie on.

- Spent the weekend doing a wedding outside of St. Petersburg, Florida.  Had a great time with the Pierce family!  Very happy for Alex and Lexi and praying that God will bless their new life together.

- Looking forward to starting our new series "grow" at Restoration on Sunday.  I'm also looking forward to having my cousin, Lucas Allen, lead worship for us this week!  It's going to be great.  =)

- Amanda showed me this video yesterday.  It's a favorite now.

 

 Have a great day!

No comments: