Monday, April 22, 2013

MONDAY MUSINGS...

- Last week was one of the most difficult and intense weeks I can remember in a long time.  Like many of you, I listened to news reports coming from Boston and Texas.  We saw people at their worst; we have seen heroes at their best.  These events caused me to pause and give thanks for the ones who rush towards the danger to protect us.  I also stop to pray for the ones whose lives have been forever changed.  

- If nothing else, weeks like last week make us look forward to the day we will live in a place where there is no more crying, no more pain, no more death.  That is our hope.  

- We had a great RCC "Family Meeting" last night!  I walked away from the meeting encouraged and blessed by our church family.  It was a great reminder for me of why we are doing what we are doing.  

- Cool stat from a survey we're conducting at Restoration... we asked people if they had attended a church elsewhere in the previous 5 years.  So far with the surveys we have received, 50% had NOT attended a church previously before attending RCC!  

- I'm already looking forward to Sunday at Restoration!  

- Sunday we wrap up the Dancing with the Scars series by talking about addiction.  Praying God will use this message to bring healing and freedom to people.  

- That's all for now... have a great Monday!  

No comments: