Thursday, March 28, 2013

MY PRAYER FOR SUNDAY...


Every Sunday is special.  

This is why we try to do everything with excellence at Restoration.  We always want to give our best to the Lord.  And obviously, this coming Sunday will be no different.  

But for me, every Sunday is special.  Every Sunday at Restoration Christian Church is a day I’m looking forward to.  I love being with my church family! And with this week being Easter, I want to make the most of this opportunity to share the good news with everyone in our community, because I want them to be a part of what we have here at Restoration.  

But if people walk away Sunday only impressed with our church, then I think we’ve missed the point.  

We can always try to impress people... 

But people don’t need to be impressed.  

People need to be loved.  

My prayer is for everyone who walks through the doors of the theater Sunday morning to know they are loved.  

Jesus even said, “Everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:35)  

The reality is everyone walking through those doors on Sunday morning is deeply loved.  The very reason we are gathering together Sunday is because God loved us so much, He gave His only Son.  

I pray we will be a church who loves God and loves our community.  I pray that instead of seeking to impress people on Sunday, we will seek to love people on Sunday.  

I want everyone who walks through those doors Sunday to know they are loved.  

Will you join me in praying this prayer?  

After all, we don’t want to impress, we want to bless.  

No comments: