Friday, March 29, 2013

BITTER SWEET 16

 I love my Indiana Hoosiers... but we came up short last night against Syracuse.

Way short.

It was a disappointing loss to watch.  In fact, while we had a good season and making the Sweet 16 is no small task, every Indiana fan I know is disappointed by the result.  It's not just losing that makes us feel disappointed this year.  Last year, we were elated to make the Sweet 16.  This year... it's disappointing we didn't go further.

It all has to do with our expectations.

I appreciate Coach Crean and am thankful he's the coach at Indiana.
I think Tom Crean is a good man.

But my disappointment with this team and this season is they failed to live up to their potential.  There were moments we saw glimpses of the potential.  (The first half against Minnesota at Assembly Hall, the entire game against Ohio State at Columbus... those were moments it appeared no team in this team country could compete against the Hoosiers.)

But they couldn't sustain it.  The Hoosiers were not consistent.

I was sad last night knowing this would be the last time Jordan Hulls, Christian Watford and Derek Elston wear an Indiana uniform. Without them the Indiana basketball program would not be where it's at today.  I wish them the best in their future.



I am wondering if Zeller and Oladipo will stay at IU or go to the NBA?  After last nights game, I think there is more of a chance for them to stay.  They sure didn't play in an impressive way for NBA scouts. But, I also know the appeal of an NBA contract is hard to turn down.  I hope they stay and try to win a championship next year.  But I doubt they will.

Last night was a bitter sweet 16 for the Hoosiers.  Thanks for the memories guys and let's start working now for banner #6.

No comments: