Wednesday, October 17, 2012

DEBATE... ROUND 2

The second debate in the 2012 Presidential election was held last night.  Being the romantic guy that I am, I settled in for a lovely evening watching the debate with my wife.

Do I know how to spend quality time with her or what?!?!

I have posted my thoughts on politics previously, but I wanted to share some observations after watching the second debate.  I'm curious to know your thoughts.  Do you agree or disagree with me?

My Observations...

1.  The second debate did little to change the minds of "decided" voters.  If you already decided to vote for Obama or Romney, more than likely you won't change your mind after watching this debate.

2.  If you are a "decided" voter, you think your candidate won the debate.  If you're an "undecided" voter, I look forward to November 6th when we will not have to care about your opinion.

3.  Obama "wins" the second debate because he did a better job connecting with people.  However, I don't think Obama knocked Romney out.  This debate may be an example of Obama winning a battle, but still losing the war.  Besides, any effort from Obama in the second debate would look like a win after his poor performance in the first debate.  Showing up and acting like he wanted to be there was a win for Obama.

4.  It's a shame the moderator will become a focus of this second debate.  Her siding with Obama on the Libya question tainted the debate.

5.  With so many "important" questions hanging over this election, the moderator chooses to ask Mitt Romney how he will be different from George W. Bush???  Why not ask Obama how he is different from Romney, and ask Romney how he is different from Obama?  This is the question we need answered this year.

6.  I remember the days it was viewed as a good thing to be "successful" in America.  Now it seems you are viewed as a thief.

7.  Romney was bold in speaking of the importance of a 2-parent home.  I'm sure his statements will be twisted from his original intent, but I'm impressed he had the boldness to speak to the importance of the family unit.


There are more observations which could be made from the debate.  But I think 7 is a "perfect" number to stop with.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

Jason Moore said...

I totally agree with you Wade on Obama did win the night, but only because he showed up and seemed to be actually engaged with the moderator and the people.

I hated to see how Obama got more speaking time, and how the moderator seemed to be a Obama fan.

Jason Moore said...

I totally agree with you Wade on Obama did win the night, but only because he showed up and seemed to be actually engaged with the moderator and the people.

I hated to see how Obama got more speaking time, and how the moderator seemed to be a Obama fan.