Monday, July 30, 2012

MONDAY MUSINGS...

Happy Monday everyone!

I had an amazing weekend.  We had a good Sunday at Restoration Christian Church!  It was Family Sunday, which meant we shut down the RCC Kids ministry and had the kids sit with their families in the worship service.  A highlight of the service was at the end of a song, a young kid yelled out, "I like that one! Let's sing it again!"   It was a great moment.  =)

On Saturday I surprised Amanda with a trip to Indianapolis to see Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney.  She had seen them 10 years ago, and wanted to see them again.  But, instead of telling her we could go to the concert, I acted like we wouldn't be able to go.

Instead, I told her we'd have a "date night" in which we would run some errands at Sam's Club, Walmart, and then go out to eat.  You know... real romantic stuff.  She was a trooper about it, but I could tell she was disappointed.

So as we are driving towards Bloomington, I pull out a folder and ask her to look over my sermon for Sunday.  But instead of finding the sermon in the folder, she found our tickets for the concert!  To say she was surprised is an understatement!

We had a great time and really enjoyed being together at the concert on Saturday night.

Here are a few photos from the concert...

Tim McGraw

Kenny Chesney

Tim & Kenny - "Feel like a rock star!" 


Lucas Oil Stadium
Have a good day!

No comments: