Wednesday, July 18, 2012

GOOD QUESTION?

I'm horrible at evaluating myself.

It's so hard to give an objective observation of how I'm doing in life... as a husband, a leader, a friend, etc.   It's difficult, because even if I know I'm falling short in an area, I know I at least have "good intentions" of being a good husband, or leader, or whatever role I find myself in.

Yet, I do know if I will not evaluate myself, then I'll never get better.  And I want to be better!

My dad always said, "Good, better, best.  Never let it rest.  Until your good is better, and your better is best."  

So...  how am I doing?

Here's a list of questions I'm asking...

Are people happy to see me, or wishing I wasn't around?
Am I more positive or negative?
Do people want to talk with me, or avoid me?
Am I giving more to others than I am receiving?

What's another good question to ask yourself?

No comments: