Thursday, February 09, 2012

WISE GUYS...

King Solomon gave this advice:  "Without counsel plans fail, but with many advisers they succeed." (Proverbs 15:22)

King Solomon is known as the wisest man who ever lived.  This wisdom was definitely in connection to God's blessing on Solomon's life. But isn't it interesting that even Solomon understood how important seeking out advice from others is in being successful?

Granted, we need to be careful who we are listening to.  Later in his life, Solomon messed up with this.  Solomon allowed his wives to influence him on a path away from God that cost him and the kingdom dearly.

The fact remains that a group of wise advisers is needed to best determine how to be successful in life.

I am very thankful that I have people in my life I can turn to for advise.

Amanda and I are blessed with wise parents.  I am thankful we can call our parents and ask them what they think about certain situations.

I am blessed with a wise oversight team at the church plant.  The men on this team love the Lord and have an incredible range of experience that has been so critical to our church's success.

I am blessed with wise friends.  I have friends from different walks of life I can turn to when I need advice about finances, education, marriage, and even friendship.

I am thankful for all the "wise guys" in my life.

Who is speaking into your life?

No comments: