Tuesday, February 07, 2012

CHURCH OFFICES...

I never dreamed I would be excited about an office.
Yet, here I am writing about our church offices.

Doing a church plant is an exercise in faith that will stretch you beyond what you thought was even possible.  Of course... God specializes in doing the impossible!  

Our church plant is portable.  This means we do not have a permanent home for our worship services.  Our solution to this has been to meet in the Springs Valley Elementary School on Sunday mornings.  This has worked out really well for us.

Being portable has also given God an opportunity to do something more than we could ask or even imagine.  We have been blessed with an office space to use throughout the week for ministry!

We are leasing the former loan department of the Springs Valley Bank & Trust.  This space provides room for Bible studies and other meetings throughout the week.  Our men's group met in our offices this morning for Bible study.  Our student ministry hosted a Super Bowl party on Sunday night in our offices.

What I'm trying to say is that we have been blessed with a space to help us do ministry during the week!

Last week we had our church name put on the front window.

I am very thankful for this space.

I am also praying that God will provide us with a permanent place to call home for our church.  I trust He will do this when the time is right.

But for now, I am glad we are a portable church.  In fact, I view being portable as a blessing.  This season of being portable allows us to focus on people.  


It is a great reminder that the people are the church, not the building.  


College Street entrance.


My office workspace.


Church logo on the front window.

1 comment:

Bill Whitt said...

I like your logo!