Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Typical Saturday???

Today I am going to a funeral home visitation... and then, within an hour of that visitation, I will be performing a wedding ceremony.

It's not a joke.  A funeral and a wedding within an hour of each other.  And yes, they are two separate events.

It's just another "typical" day in ministry.

This day reminds me to not base my happiness or contentment on circumstances.  Circumstances can change very quickly.  In fact, the only thing you can depend on circumstances to do is CHANGE.

My happiness and contentment must come from my relationship with the Lord.  HE is the only One who never changes.  HE is the only One who can truly provide.

"In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.  I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."  - Philippians 4:12-13 ESV

No comments: