Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Something Just Doesn't Seem Right...

Have you ever had something feel wrong but you couldn't figure out what it was?

For awhile now there has been something bothering me.  

There has been something that hasn't felt right.  

It took me awhile to figure out what it was...  but now I realize what it is.  
I miss being part of the small group we had while preparing to launch the church!!  


From January through September we met almost every week at the home of Matt & Tina Pierce for a time of fellowship, food, and Bible study.  It was during this time that our church core group grew close to one another.  
We developed relationships with one another. 
We laughed together.  
We prayed for one another.  

Since launching the church on Sunday mornings in October, our core group has not met together on Sunday evenings.  We stopped meeting to allow a time and place for the teenagers to meet.  I did this knowing that once we had an additional space, we would start offering small group Bible studies for the adults in January.  

What never occurred to me was just how long it is from October to January.  

Oh sure... when you're getting ready for Christmas and trying to shop it flies by!!  But when you miss being together with your brothers and sisters... well... it just isn't right.  

The good news is that really soon we will be starting new group studies at our church!!  I for one cannot wait for this.  

It really is good when a church comes together to worship, study, and do life together.  

I can't wait. 

No comments: