Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012 RESOLUTIONS...

Last year I was ambitious and made an exhaustive list of New Year's resolutions.  It was exhaustive because I would get tired thinking about them.  Long story short... I did a horrible job of keeping my 2011 resolutions.

That is why I have written a new set of goals for 2012.  It might be a mistake to announce them to you on my blog, but throwing caution to the wind, I want to share with you today my 12 resolutions for 2012.

1.  I resolve to kiss my wife every day.

2.  I resolve to eat at least 2 meals a day.

3.  I resolve to give "knucks" and "noggins" to my nephews when I see them.  (Fist bump and head bump)

4.  I resolve to feel small when I stand beside the ocean.  Also, if given the choice to sit it out or dance... I will dance.

5.  I resolve to pray for my church family every day.

6.  I resolve to loyally root for the Indiana Hoosiers basketball team.  GO HOOSIERS!!!

7.  I resolve to live each day as if it could be my last.  (And if the Mayans are right, it very well could be.)

8.  I resolve to shuffle every day... so I can say "Every day I'm shuffling" all the time and truly mean it.  (I really like those hamsters on the Kia commercial.)

9.  I resolve to know when to hold 'em.  I will also know when to fold 'em.  Perhaps I'll get to the point of knowing when to walk away and when to run.

10.  I resolve to stay away from the gym the next few weeks.  I know how much the regulars hate the overcrowding at the beginning of the year.

11.  I resolve to preach the best sermons I can possibly preach.

12.  I resolve to make a list of resolutions for next year.


No comments: