Saturday, December 31, 2011
That is why I have written a new set of goals for 2012. It might be a mistake to announce them to you on my blog, but throwing caution to the wind, I want to share with you today my 12 resolutions for 2012.
1. I resolve to kiss my wife every day.
2. I resolve to eat at least 2 meals a day.
3. I resolve to give "knucks" and "noggins" to my nephews when I see them. (Fist bump and head bump)
4. I resolve to feel small when I stand beside the ocean. Also, if given the choice to sit it out or dance... I will dance.
5. I resolve to pray for my church family every day.
6. I resolve to loyally root for the Indiana Hoosiers basketball team. GO HOOSIERS!!!
7. I resolve to live each day as if it could be my last. (And if the Mayans are right, it very well could be.)
8. I resolve to shuffle every day... so I can say "Every day I'm shuffling" all the time and truly mean it. (I really like those hamsters on the Kia commercial.)
9. I resolve to know when to hold 'em. I will also know when to fold 'em. Perhaps I'll get to the point of knowing when to walk away and when to run.
10. I resolve to stay away from the gym the next few weeks. I know how much the regulars hate the overcrowding at the beginning of the year.
11. I resolve to preach the best sermons I can possibly preach.
12. I resolve to make a list of resolutions for next year.