Monday, October 03, 2011

MONDAY MUSINGS...

Some of my musings for your Monday enjoyment!  

RCC Booth @ Pumpkin Festival.
- The Pumpkin Festival was great!!  That's right Charlie Brown... I survived the great French Lick Pumpkin Festival.  Our church booth was a good idea as well.  The booth served as a great way of informing our community about the launch of our new church.  Many people seemed interested in what we were doing, there was a definite buzz in the air!!  I'm so thankful for our church core group who made the booth happen this week.

- Our last Preview Service was great!!  We picked up a few visitors because of our booth at the festival.   Most of the chairs we set up were full.  We will definitely have to set up more seats for the Launch service next week.  Steve and Jennifer Wilkerson did a great job leading worship, with Waynetta Underhill also doing a fantastic job of bringing special music.

- Our sound system was great!!  Thanks to the generosity of the Christian Church of Jasper, we were able to purchase a sound system.  The system made a huge difference for our service.

- Our God is great!!  I wanted to save the best for last.  God has been so good throughout this entire process.  But even if things weren't coming together the way that they are, God is still good.  God has been good in spite of the fact that I am inadequate to lead this church.  Yet this inadequacy forces me to rely more on Him.  When I am weak, He is strong!

Looking ahead to the launch this week, I realize that there is no way I can do this on my own.  In fact, I'm pretty sure my efforts could hinder the church.  If something great happens in French Lick, it will be because God has blessed it.  My prayer is that God would be honored through what takes place at Restoration Christian Church.


Have a great Monday!!

No comments: