Thursday, September 29, 2011

THE PUMPKIN FESTIVAL...

Yesterday I attended the first night of the Pumpkin Festival in French Lick.  I did this in spite of the fact that I'm not a big fan of pumpkins... I'll eat the pie, but it's not my favorite.  I like apple pie better because I feel patriotic while eating.

I'm also not a huge fan of festivals... they're usually hot and crowded.  But thankfully the Pumpkin Festival is held the last weekend of September, so the weather was nice and cool.  Very comfortable.

You may be wondering why I went to the festival if I'm not a fan of pumpkins or festivals.

I went because our church had a booth advertising our grand opening on October 9th!

That's right.  We chose the biggest event of the fall in French Lick to announce our new church to the community.

It was a nice evening of visiting with people from church, as well as meeting new people in the community.

I'm also proud to share that the Pumpkin Festival Queen, Morgan Underhill, attends our church.  This meant that Restoration Christian Church was announced as her church during the ceremony.  Pretty cool publicity for us!!

Most of all, I love the fact that we are giving away free hot chocolate and coffee to people at the festival.  There are other churches that have booths there, but as far as I could tell, we were the only one not selling anything.  I don't share this because I think we are better, but I love the fact that we are different by giving, rather than receiving.  We do not want anything FROM our community, we want something FOR our community.

Looking forward to going again tonight!

Alisha & Tina modeling their new RCC t-shirts. 

Our church booth.

View down street from our booth.  

Festival Queen - Morgan Underhill (RCC member)



No comments: