Monday, September 19, 2011

MONDAY MUSINGS...

Another installment of my thoughts on a Monday morning... 

I mentioned last week that church planting is a roller coaster experience... and it totally is... but yesterday was probably my favorite day at Restoration Christian Church so far!!!  It wasn't that we had a big crowd (in fact we had our smallest number to date), but the fact that I knew I was where God wanted me to be, it truly was a joy yesterday at church.

Caleb Spencer did a FANTASTIC job leading our worship service yesterday.  He's only 20 years old... but wow!!!

I also enjoyed spending time with Jeff & Jessica Hale this weekend. So good to visit with them in The Lick.

A&W @DCB  =) 
Friday night the lovely miss Amanda Templin and I went to the David Crowder Band concert in Fort Wayne.  It was Legend... wait for it...  ary.  lol   But seriously, it was a great concert.  DCB played so many of their good songs... How HE Loves, There is no one like You, Wholly... but I'd have to say my favorite song of the night was the cover of Hank Williams "I Saw the Light."  We had a ho-down in that place!!

The surprise of the night came from Laura Story.  She opened for DCB. While I had heard her song "Blessings" on the radio, I was simply going to "tolerate" her blessing us with music until DCB came on stage.  However, SHE WAS GREAT!!!  First of all, she was hilarious.  Secondly, I didn't realize she was a song writer. (Ever heard of "Indescribable" by Chris Tomlin?  Yeah... she wrote that.)  And third, what a powerful testimony behind the song "Blessings."

It was a great night!!

My poor Colts are struggling.  The Browns beat them.  Ugh... My thought is that they should go ahead and forfeit every game this season. Get the #1 draft pick and get the best quarterback they can.  Let this QB have 2-3 years to learn from Peyton Manning and then pass the torch.  Just my thoughts...

Anyway...

Hope you have a great Monday!!

No comments: