Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I wore a Colts jersey on Monday...

After an embarrassing defeat to the Houston Texans on Sunday, I walked around town in an Indianapolis Colts jersey on Monday.

I wore it to a JV football game at Springs Valley High School.

I also wore it inside the gym to a girls volley ball game, also at Springs Valley.

But it wasn't until I was making a trip to Wal-mart that someone commented on my #87 Reggie Wayne jersey...

"You're actually wearing that today?"

"Yes I am." I replied back smiling.

I'm not a fair weather fan.  And if (or when) Peyton Manning returns this season and the Colts return to their winning ways, I want to be able to say that I was a fan all the time.  

If only I could be that consistent in my walk with Christ.

Galatians 3:27 tells us, "for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ." I would be so much more consistent following Jesus if I remembered that I wear HIS jersey every day.

It may not be the most popular jersey to wear.
It may not even be the most comfortable jersey to wear.
It is, however, the best jersey to wear.

I don't want to be a "fair weather" Christian.  I have switched jerseys far too many times in the past.  I want to be able to say when Jesus returns that I was faithful to Him... even though it may look like a losing cause at times.

Oh and one more thing...
I've got Spirit, yes I do.  I've got Spirit, how 'bout you?!?!
(Sorry.  Couldn't resist.)

1 comment:

CraigDt4 said...

I like your dad's choice in jerseys better! :-) Even tho both of them "phoned it in" on Sunday!