Monday, May 16, 2011

ED BOUSMAN...

2 Samuel 3:38 says, “Do you not know that a prince and a great man has fallen this day…”

Ed Bousman took his last breath at 4:38 a.m. today (May 16, 2011), drawing to a close this chapter of his incredible life. 

There are two types of people in this world: thermometers and thermostats. A thermometer person will walk into a room and simply reflect the temperature of that room. On the other hand, thermostats walk into a room and the temperature adjusts to them. 

Ed Bousman was a thermostat.

Since 1962 his voice has been heard on countless radio stations across the world through his God is Just a Prayer Away broadcast. Ed literally preaches to thousands of people every Sunday.

I was blessed to know Ed and his wife Naomi. In fact, Ed and Naomi have even stayed with our family at times.

I remember one occasion when Ed & Naomi were staying with us that I asked Ed for help with a paper I was writing for school. I was taking a church history class in college and had chosen to write a report on Gregory the Great. I did not know that my professor had written his thesis on Gregory the Great. Once I learned this information, I realized that I could not just fluff my way through this paper. I would have to really do my homework in order to get a good grade from a professor who knew so much about Gregory the Great.

That evening I approached Ed, with fear and trembling, trying to work out my own salvation on this paper I was writing, and I asked him, “Mr. Bousman. What do you know about Gregory the Great?”

Ed thought for a moment. Cocked his head to the side. Then looked at me and said, “Well… I know his name is Gregory… and I guess he was great! That’s about all.”

I quoted Ed in my paper and got an A+!!!

Ed and Naomi Bousman have had a HUGE impact on my life. I am so thankful for them and their ministry.

When I think of Ed, I often think of the verse found in John 1:8...
He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.”
Didn’t he shine friends… Didn’t he shine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said, Amen.