Monday, April 18, 2011

An Awesome Night...

We had an awesome night at church last night.  As many of you know, I am doing a church plant in the French Lick, Indiana area.  Restoration Christian Church is coming together and God is doing some awesome things among us. 

Last night we celebrated our first baptism as a church!!  Matt Tomlinson was baptized into Christ. 

I had been teaching through Acts in our Sunday night Bible study.  I'll never forget one night after the study was over, Matt came up to me and said, "You really do need to be baptized, don't ya?"  I simply said, "Yes.  That's what they did back then.  That's what we need to do now."  So last night Matt made that decision and went all in with Jesus Christ. 
It was cold in the pool... but it was worth it!!  =) 

We also had Micah Stephen and his wife Crystal with us last night.  Micah came and led worship for us.  I was nervous about how it would go because we had NEVER had singing at our group meetings.  But Micah came in and did a good job leading and the singing was GOOD!!! 

I am so thankful how God is blessing us. 

It really was an awesome night. 

No comments: