Saturday, February 19, 2011

GEORGE STRAIT...

My favorite country singer is George Strait.  I have always wanted to see him in concert, but never had the opportunity.  That is until last Thursday night!!  Thanks to miss Amanda Templin, I got to see George! 

Not only did I see George, but we had floor seats!!!  It was incredible!! 

Leeann Womack opened the concert up.  Her song "I hope you dance" was the only one I expected to know, but I was pleasantly surprised that I recognized several of her songs from the radio.  She has a great voice.  (But she is tiny!! lol) 

Then Reba McEntire performed for about an hour and a half.  I've never been a huge Reba fan (although I do enjoy her TV show), but she is a great performer!!  She really did a great job with her concert.  The song "Fancy" brought the house down! 

After Reba it was...

GEORGE STRAIT & THE ACE IN THE HOLE BAND!!


If you've ever seen the movie "Pure Country" you can truly appreciate George's show.  There's not much flash with George, just pure music.  It was so much fun to hear many of his hits and sing along with George and the rest of the crowd... for 2 HOURS!!!  

Good times... Good times...

2 comments:

Soren said...

I'm jealous. I "discovered" George about a year ago. Love his stuff.

Mike said...

Really struggling here, bro. "Thou shalt not covet they neighbor's concert tickets." Not easy!

I saw Reba when I was in high school. Fun show. I agree that she's not my fav singer, but it's nice to know that I'm not the only dude that thinks her show is funny.