Thursday, January 13, 2011

Things that break my heart...

There are certain things that break my heart. For example, my nephew crying breaks my heart.

While Chad and Megan were at the hospital this week having my new nephew Silas, my 2 year old nephew Malachi stayed with my parents and me. This caused him to miss Chad and Megan immensely!

Yesterday as we were leaving the hospital I had to take Khi from Chad’s arms. Khi bawled and bawled. He kept screaming, “Daddy!” at the top of his lungs. Even after placing him in the car and driving home, he continued to cry for his daddy. He was so tired that he fell asleep in the car, but when Khi woke up, the first words he said were, “Daddy!”

Nothing made me happier than seeing Chad and Megan come home last night and be reunited with Malachi. It’s a joy to see Khi run with his hands raised asking his daddy to lift him up. I’m so thankful that Chad and Megan are such great parents.

Witnessing this has made me think about my desire for my Heavenly Father. Oh I pray that I would bawl my eyes out when I am away from HIM!!

Psalm 63:3-4, “Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.”

No comments: