Tuesday, January 18, 2011

DECISION POINTS...

I've been reading President George W. Bush's book Decision Points for the last two weeks. 

I chose to read this book because, first of all, I received it as a Christmas gift.  (Thanks mom and dad!)  The second reason is that I am making some decisions in my own life and thought it would be interesting to read what principles guided President Bush in his decision making.  A third reason is that I am a history nerd and love reading about the executive branch of the United States government.

I do not think it matters if you are a Republican, Democrat, Green, Libertarian, Independent... whatever your political persuasion, this book provides an interesting glimpse into the decisons made by the 43rd President of the United States. 

I truly enjoyed reading and learning about events taking place behind the scenes.  So much happened during George W. Bush's presidency that we had no idea about.  It is mind boggling to me how much President Bush had to process in making his decisions.  It's no wonder the presidency ages a person like it does. 

If you enjoy history and want inside access to what took place during the past decade, you definitely need to read this book. 


1 comment:

Mark Bulleit said...

Did the book help you with any specific usable decision making skills?