Wednesday, December 01, 2010

HELLO DECEMBER!!

This was the view that awaited me this morning...  SNOW!!! 


It's hard to believe that we are in the last month of 2010. 
So many things have happened this year. 
So many changes. 

I can't help but believe that God is using 2010 as preparation for something in 2011. 

I recently heard a speaker say, "So many churches are facing backwards into the future.  They gladly anticipate their past.  Their best days are behind them." 

I must confess that I have struggled with facing backwards into the future.  I have looked at my past and thought about how great it was and how I wished for "the good ol' days." 

But I know that is not wise.  Solomon wrote in Ecclesiastes 7:10, "Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions." 

God can and will use everything in my past to prepare me for His will in the future.  My goal is to face forward and be open to His leading and direction. 

So to that I say... HELLO DECEMBER!!!  BRING ON 2011!!! 

No comments: