Monday, September 13, 2010

MONDAY MUSINGS...

I had a GREAT time at the Whitewater Christian Camp Men's Retreat last weekend.  Plus, since the camp is located close to Versailles, Indiana, I was able to stay with my friends Brian and Lisa Thieman.  It's always a good thing to be able to see my friend Brian.  Brian and I have been friends since elementary school.  We can have fun by simply riding around in his truck and listening to music. 

Brian took me to "The Shoot."  This is the annual meeting of the national muzzleloader assoaciation.  I experienced some "culture" there.  =) lol 

On Sunday I went to church where my brother is the youth minister.  The church has a service for the youth group on certain Sunday mornings, and yesterday my brother asked me if I would take time to answer questions from his youth group.  We had a blast... except for one embarassing detail.  I did not see what Chad was wearing before he left the house for church.  So I picked out my clothes, and drove to church.  We basically picked out the same clothes.  Then it got really funny when Khi (my nephew) was also wearing basically the same outfit.  Even one of the youth group kids asked why we were wearing the same clothes.  lol  It was pretty funny. 

I'm looking forward to doing some traveling this week.  I'll be in Louisville, KY on Monday and Tuesday... which means I get to visit with Jeff "the Intern" and his wife Jessica.  Then I get to take a road trip to Anderson, SC with Mike Edmisten and Joel Young for a church conference.  Should also be a great time together. 

I'm learning that the story of my life is failure after failure after failure... and yet God uses me in spite of myself.  Matter of fact, I am a weak person.  I would never choose me to do what I'm doing.  Yet, I believe God chooses us not in SPITE of our weaknesses, rather He chooses us BECAUSE of our weaknesses. 

When we are weak, He is strong.  And HE gets all the glory. 

Let God use you for His glory.  Have a great Monday!!!

No comments: