Monday, August 30, 2010

MONDAY MUSINGS...

I had a great trip to Bluefield, WV this past weekend!  I attended the Beaver/Graham game... one of the best rivalries for high school football in all of the nation.  Maybe I'm a little biased since I went to Beaver and played football there, but I'm not alone in my opinion.  In fact, ESPN chose this game as one of 32 rivalry games they would cover for a special series. 

Just to give you an idea about the Beaver/Graham rivalry... the attendance Friday was over 12,000 people.

Wasn't much of a game though... Bluefield won 48-0.  This team is poised to repeat as state champions.  In fact, I would go as far as to say that if everyone stays healthy, they will win back-to-back state championships. 

Here's a little video I shot with my phone of the team running onto the field:  (sorry the quality is not the greatest)




I'm proud of the Mid-way Christian Church.  Mid-way is the church I consider my "home" church.  They are the church that ordained me into ministry.  Yesterday was the first time I had been able to attend a worship service with them in their new building!!  It was a great service and a great time seeing friends.

Good friends are truly a blessing to have.  So blessed to be able to enjoy meals on Saturday with friends who live in the Bluefield area.  Hope to be able to connect again soon with them!! 

Last weekend was also tough for personal reasons.  It's amazing the detours that come into our life.  What's even more amazing is that even though these detours come into our life, God is never caught off guard.  Sometimes we just have to let go... 

I'm looking forward to being at Elkhorn Valley Christian Camp this coming weekend!  I will be speaking four times at their family camp.  Praying that God will move in a big way! 


HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!!!

No comments: