Sunday, July 18, 2010

Enjoying the Down Time...

I've been enjoying some down time lately.  What I mean by "down time" is a period of time where I have simply relaxed with family and friends, read books that have stretched me, and traveled to places I wanted to visit. 

Down time for me involved...

- attending a Christian convention
- attending a church that I had never been to before
- eating meals with friends
- making connections with new friends
- going to a lake for a few days

Megan's family (my sister-in-law) has a place at Lake Webster in Indiana.  I was able to join the family there this weekend to relax and have fun.  Here are some pics of our great time at the lake: 























































On Monday my down time will be coming to an end.  I will be heading back to Ohio and settling down to focus on writing and speaking, as well as making plans for future ministry. 

The great thing is that I go back to Ohio refreshed and renewed.  I'm so thankful for the down time I have been blessed with.  It was very much needed.  And I'm thankful for my family and friends who have made it all possible for me. 

I am very blessed. 

No comments: