Monday, May 03, 2010

Monday Musings...

Here are some things I have been learning and observing the past couple weeks...

I am blessed to have friends in my life.  My visit to Bluefield was great.  I truly enjoyed my time with the Falls Mills Christian Church people.  But what I loved most about the trip was the making of new friends and the re-connecting of old ones. 

Sometimes we get so caught up in chasing after "things" in this world that we neglect the people in our life.

Yesterday I preached at the Church of Christ @ Grissom near Peru, IN.  I only knew the host minister... and even then, I did not know him very well.  But yesterday was wonderful... except for the migraine headache I had.  (I've only had 3 or 4 migraines in my entire life... but wow!!  they are rough.)  However, I was touched by the hospitatlity and the compassion of the people there.  Even though they didn't know me well, they went out of their way to help me feel better. 

One of the most beautiful views on the planet (in my opinion).  I took this picture last week when I drove up to the church camp I went to (and basically lived at) in Bluefield.  So many memories from church camp at Christian Acres.  That's why this pic is so beautiful to me. 

I'm learning that we should not base our value on things which do not last.  Too many times I find myself determining my value based on what my job is, or what others think of me.  I've even felt valuable because someone else values me.  But I'm painfully aware that jobs, people's opinions, and even relationships with others do not last.  My true value comes from the fact that God values me. 

I'm learning that I have much to learn. 

1 comment:

Cory said...

That view is beautiful - I miss it!