Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Monday Musings on Tuesday...

After a Mother's Day weekend trip to Indiana, I am back in Ohio today! 

I always enjoy visiting with my family at the farm.  I went for a walk and took this picture with my phone.  I love seeing how green everything has become. 

Mother's Day was the first Sunday I hadn't preached in 2010.  Since we were at my grandparents, we went to church at Pinhook Christian Church... the church where my grandma goes.  It's a nice, little country church.  I think I counted 19 people present. 

I learned a good lesson... it doesn't matter how many people are there, we are worshipping the Lord!  I also learned that powerful services can be held in that little church.  During the service, a young man went up front and shared with the congregation how he had been making bad decisions.  In fact, he should have been dead.  But he was now getting his life back on track with the Lord and he made a promise before God and his mom (it was Mother's Day) that he was going to stay clean and sober. 

There weren't many dry eyes in the room!  What a powerful moment. 

I also learned that there were 3 baptisms Sunday at Central!!  How awesome is that?!?!  There were 2 baptisms in the first service and one baptism second service.  So excited for those decisions!

Watched Iron Man 2 last week.  Cannot decide if I liked it better than the first one... both are really good! 


No comments: