Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday Musings...

Exhaustion.  Pure and simple.

I am totally drained following this weekend. 

Don't misunderstand, it was a great weekend, I am just tired from all that has taken place.  I do not know how to put into words everything that happened.  How do you say goodbye to people who have been with you through some of the most difficult times of your life? 

Life really is about being there. 

Sunday at Central is a memory I will carry with me for a lifetime.  The worship was really good.  Plus, we closed the service out with 2 baptisms!!  I mean, how awesome is that?!?!  I cannot think of a better way to finish a ministry than baptizing someone into Christ. 

The dinner after church was incredible!!  The people who put the meal together really went above and beyond the call of duty. 

I shared with the church my last sermon as Senior Minister... Psalm 23:6 - "Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." 

If the Lord is my Shepherd, I don't have to worry about the future!  God is watching over me.  I know that goodness will be in my life.  Goodness doesn't mean that bad things or difficult times will never happen.  Goodness following me means that God will work all things together for good. 

God's grace is working in me.  Surely love will follow me in life.  God has shown us His love in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  (Romans 5:8)  When I understand God's love and His grace, I don't have to worry about the future because HE is taking care of me. 

The best news of all is that Heaven is my final destination!  God is preparing a home for His family.  One day we will not have to say goodbye.  One day we will be home to stay. 

I'm so thankful that with the Lord as my Shepherd, I don't have to worry about the future!  Jesus is all I need.

Have a great Monday!

No comments: