Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Monday Musings on Tuesday...

Sickness.  Blah. 

No one likes to be sick... but when it affects your voice and your main job is to speak to people, that creates a problem! 

Add to that the fact of this past Sunday being my next to last sermon at Central, it made for a stressful morning. 

Thankfully my voice was able to hold out thru 2 services... but I did sound like I was going through puberty.  At least everyone got a good laugh out of it.  (I was talking to a visitor after the 2nd service and he wondered if I sounded like that every week!!)

The cool thing is that today my voice is really deep.  Granted, my throat is killing me and I have no range with my vocals... but I do enjoy sounding like a bass singer. 

Anyway... I am praying that my throat will be better by Sunday.  It's hard to believe my last Sunday is coming up so quickly.  I'm getting very reflective and very emotional as this Sunday approaches.  So many thoughts are going through my mind.

I found out by reading the church newsletter earlier this month that they are combining into one service for my last Sunday.  Then they will be having a fellowship meal after the service to allow everyone to say their goodbyes. 

I was talking to a friend of mine today who said he would be there Sunday.  He had heard there was a meal. =) 

Sunday I'm going to be preaching about the future.  We need not fear what the future holds because God will provide for us.

Hope you have a great day!! 

No comments: