Thursday, April 15, 2010

Grandma Allen...

I'm amazed that 10 years have gone by since my Grandma Allen passed away. 

(I always thought it was ironic that she passed away on April 15th... something about death and taxes!)

I kept her obituary from the Bedford newspaper.  I was reading the part of the obituary that described her life...
She was a co-owner of Four-Star Realty and co-owner of VIP Fashions. She was a member of Hillcrest Christian Church, John Wallace Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution, Hillcrest Christian Church Sunshine Helpers and a former member of the Bedford Board of Realtors. She was a former president of the Bedford Downtown Merchants Association and served many years as a church music accompanist and choir director.
A life summarized into a paragraph... yet it just doesn't seem to cover enough. 

I like to think most about the spiritual influence my grandmother has. 

My dad said that my grandma knew more about the Bible than he did.  (Which if you know my dad, that is saying something!) 

My grandma has 4 grandsons who are in ministry today. 

It's hard to tell how much of an impact this one woman has had in this world through her influence. 

10 years have flown by... and yet the ripples of her life are still being felt. 

I miss ya Grandma!! 

No comments: