Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday Musings...

Last week a very dear friend of our family passed away. Mary Welsher was my "adopted" grandma from the time I was in 4th grade. She had grown very close to our family over the years. She was a powerful prayer warrior for me and my family.

While I am sad that she has passed away, I am so thankful that she is not suffering anymore! Like my dad said in the funeral message, "I'm more sure of her eternal destiny than my own!" Mary was a very Godly lady. I am so thankful that our paths crossed.

It was also a cool experience to visit the church my dad preached at while we lived in Michigan. It had been several years since I had been back. It was in this church that I was baptized. So many good memories here... although everything seemed a lot bigger back then! =)

The NCAA basketball tournament has been fun to watch this year. My bracket is in shambles, but I'm glad to see a lot of upsets. I agree with one person who said, "The mid-major schools are better coached and play harder." I think the difference comes down to more natural talent on the bench. But I'm loving me some March Madness!!!

God has been so good to me lately. It has been a very emotional time for me going into this transition, but He has provided for me over and over again. I'm thankful for the people God has brought into my life.

While making the transition from my ministry at Central is very tough, I know more and more each day that I made the right decision. There is a lot of pain in this change, but there is also a lot of peace.

Tonight I'm speaking at the Kingdom Builders rally at the Alfordsville Christian Church in Alfordsville, IN. KB is a monthly gathering of people from area churches. Looking forward to being there tonight with Randy Barnett, the host minister at Alfordsville. Plus, Daniel Ross who is the Worship Minister at the Christian Church of Jasper, will be leading worship. Should be a good time tonight!!!

Have a great Monday!

No comments: