Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday Musings...

Yesterday was an emotional day at Central Christian Church. We had decided to combine into one worship service because of the fact we were losing an hour of sleep on Saturday night. Plus, we think it's good to gather the entire church family together in one service from time to time.

And since the entire church was together in one setting, it gave me an opportunity to make a difficult announcement.

Yesterday I announced my resignation as Senior Minister of Central Christian Church.

Here is the letter that I wrote to the church elders. I basically paraphrased this letter when talking to our church family yesterday.

To the Elders of Central Christian Church,

Four and a half years ago a 27 year old Youth Minister became the Senior Minister of Central Christian Church. That minister and that church had no idea what they were getting themselves into. But over the past few years one thing has been made clear: God is faithful!

There have been great victories; there have been broken hearts.

There have been days filled with laughter; there have been days over-flowing with tears.

Yet through it all God has shown His faithfulness to His people.

That is why as I write these words I have peace in my heart knowing that God is faithful to His people.

I have a unique opportunity to partner with my dad in his ministry for a season, with the ultimate goal of launching a new church plant. It's an opportunity that God has impressed upon my heart, and I simply cannot pass it up. Therefore, I am submitting my resignation as Senior Minister of Central Christian Church effective April 18, 2010.

While there is peace in my heart with this decision, there is also a lot of pain. I love Central Christian Church. It breaks my heart to think about not being here with this church family every week. Yet at the same time I am optimistic about what God is doing in this church. Central Christian Church depends upon one man... and His name is Jesus Christ.

Thank you for the opportunity to serve with you at Central. Thank you for all of the love and support you have shown me in my life. May God bless you as you continue to work together to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.

Blessings,

Wade Allen


Since making the announcement I have really appreciated the kind words many from the church have shared with me. I am very blessed. I keep praying that God will lead all of us in our lives.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5 - 6

No comments: