Monday, February 01, 2010

Monday Musings...

- Something I don't understand... the attendance at church this month has been higher on the colder Sunday mornings, rather than the warmer Sundays. I would have thought it'd be the other way around. Not that I'm complaining!!! =) Yesterday we had the same # of people in worship that we had the Sunday before Christmas. Not bad considering the temperature was around 8 degrees when I went to church!!!

- I watched the movie "Up" this past weekend. WOW!!! Not what I expected... but it was great! And it was a tear-jerker too. There were a lot of lessons to take away from the movie... but I appreciated the focus on valuing people over possessions the most. It's a great movie, definitely worth watching if you haven't seen it yet.

- Getting pumped up for the Superbowl this week. I predict the Colts will win... but I don't want to take the Saints too lightly. If Indy's defense shows up, the Colts will win. We saw what Peyton did to the #1 ranked defense of the Jets a week ago, therefore, he shouldn't have too much trouble with the #26 ranked NFL defense of the Saints. But, like I said, the Saints won't necessarily be an easy team to beat. Defense has to show up!!!

- Our church is starting a basketball league next week for kids in Kindergarten - 2nd grade. There are more than 60 kids signed up!!! It's going to be crazy. Good times. =)

- Once a month our church does a service at the Scenic Hills Nursing Home. Yesterday I honestly did not want to go. I wanted to stay home and sleep. But... I went anyway. Not because I wanted to, but because I had to.

But during the service something happened. I took the focus off of myself and remembered that Jesus said whatever we do for the least of these we are doing for Him. I felt crushed that my attitude had been so poor. I asked God to forgive me and then I started to sing and just have a great time with the people there.

I think I was more blessed by being there with them than they were.

No comments: