Wednesday, February 03, 2010

I remember that...

Sometimes I want to move to Oregon.

The reason I want to move to Oregon is because I read about a guy who took a road trip with a friend to Oregon. The way he wrote about the natural beauty of that state made me want to experience it for myself.


Then there are other days when I want to become a hippie.

Well... maybe not a true hippie. But I find myself at times wishing I could just load up in my Jeep Grand Cherokee and head out across the country without a plan. It's scary and exciting at the same time.

I have a nice Jeep... and I think it would be fun...
Except for paying the gas bill.


Am I having a mid-life crisis?

Nah... I'm too young for that.

Right?

I think about these things because I read about them in a book. Many times I will see things during the day that remind me of something I read... but I wonder if it should be the other way around.

How crazy would it be to read a book and think, "I remember that!"

Lately I've been influenced by some books I've read to consider my story. How is the story of my life going? Am I living a good story?

So many times we set goals or feel like we need to make a 5 year, 10 year, or even 30 year plan. But doesn't it make more sense to ask what story we'd like for our life to tell?

What story is my life telling?

What do I want my story to be?

What obstacle is keeping me from living my story?


These are some questions I am thinking a lot about lately.

What are your questions?


w.a.

No comments: