Monday, January 04, 2010

Monday Musings...

It's the first Monday of 2010!!!

After a great time of visiting family for the holidays, I'm anxious to get back into a "regular" routine. I'm actually looking forward to this new start. Before I've never paid much attention to the "newness" of the new year... but this year is different for me. I'm excited to see what is in store for 2010.

Doesn't the year 2010 sound too futuristic? It's like we are living in a science-fiction novel.

Yesterday I preached on how to read the Bible. I have challenged our church to read the New Testament in 30 days. It's a tough challenge, but I think it will be good for those of us who can accomplish this goal. (I'm going to be posting some thoughts and observations from each days' reading on this blog.)

I had 5 Guys on Saturday!! So good...

It is so much quieter around the office since Jason is not here. Yesterday was the first Sunday without our youth minister. It was different, but we made it through.

I'm traveling to Salt Fork State Park later this week to take part in the Church Leadership Seminar that my dad's ministry is hosting. It will be a fun time as my brother Chad and I will be joining dad for a couple sessions.

It's going to be a busy week!

Hope you have a great Monday!!!


<><

1 comment:

Jason Thomas said...

thanks for the props in your monday musings....are you saying I make a lot of noise? haha.