Friday, December 04, 2009

Football Memories...

Tonight the Bluefield Beavers will play in the Class AA Football Championship Game in Wheeling, West Virginia.

I remember making that trip to Wheeling my senior year of high school.

I remember the send-off from the school by the rest of the student body. (Like this picture taken yesterday shows)

I remember the long trip to Wheeling. It took about 6 hours.

I remember staying at Bethany College.

I remember how painful it was to lose that championship game.

I learned a lesson that night: Championships do not make you who you are. If I wasn't a man before I had won a championship, then I would never be a man even after winning a championship.

One of my favorite memories was traveling back to Wheeling two years later and watching my younger brother Chad and the rest of the Beavers complete an undefeated season by winning the state championship!!

Good luck tonight Beavers. WE BELIEVE!!!


<><

No comments: