Thursday, December 10, 2009

Am I the Problem?

I read a blog by Kurt Johnston that really made me think about this leadership question:

Am I the problem?

This is a tough question to ask as a leader. Many times we move into a new position and easily point to "inherited" problems. These are the problems that have kept the organization or ministry from moving forward. Yet, after we have been in a leadership position for 3 years or more, we need to begin asking some questions.

Some circumstances are beyond the leader's control... but after a certain amount of time, it does fall back on the leader as to whether or not the group is moving forward.

So we have to ask ourselves the question... Am I the problem?

If we haven't moved forward as an organization, is it because of me?
Have I not led the group properly?
Have I not built the trust and credibility to move the ministry forward?

What is it that is holding us back?

Am I the problem?


<><

No comments: