Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving.

A time when we get together with family and friends to eat until we cannot move.
A time when we sit on the couch and watch football because nothing else is physically possible.
A time when we reflect on the blessings we have in life.


Looking back I would have to say that this has been the worst year of my life.

Seriously.

2009 was awful.

And yet even though 2009 was a horrible year, I realize there are many things I have to be thankful for.

I've been preaching through the book of Philippians the past few weeks. I love how Paul reminds us that no matter what the circumstances, we can have peace. We can be content in our life.

2009 has been a rough year for so many people in our country (and around the world for that matter). But let us remember the secret of contentment to life.


"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:12 - 13)


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!


<><

2 comments:

Brian said...

Wade, praying that God blesses you with an incredible Christmas and New Year. The things that satan has intended to harm you, may God use them to ultimately bless you and make you a blessing!

Jason Thomas said...

I'll agree on 2009 being the worst year I can remember, but God is always good even when times, things, and people are bad.